What we collect about you
We process the personal data of customers, prospects, enquirers, workers and suppliers and workers. We may collect, store and use the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide to us when ordering from us
- Information that you provide to us when requesting information from us
- Any other information you choose to give us, including business cards
Please let us know if the personal data we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- The data you provide to use includes:
- Email address
- Fax number
- Telephone number
- Information relating to purchases you have made, including payment details
- For trade customers, Company name, trading address, registration number, VAT number
- Any other personal information that you choose to send us
What we do with your information
We shall use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your order, collect payment and keep you informed of delivery progress
- To provide you with information about our products, and to deal with enquiries and requests about them
- To improve our products and services
- To send you marketing communications relating to our business which we believe to be of interest to you
- To send you email notifications and newsletters
- To maintain your contact preferences
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
We promise that we shall only use your data in the way you wish, and we shall always respect your privacy. We process your data under the following legal grounds:
- The processing is necessary to meet contractual obligations into which you have entered as a customer, worker or supplier. Where required, failure to provide mandatory data fields identified by a ‘*’ will mean that we shall be unable to do so.
- The lawful justification for sending you marketing communications about our business, services and news is because we have a legitimate business interest for your data to be used for this specific purpose. You are in complete control of your data and can choose not to receive these messages, either when you first provide your data, or in every communication we send you afterwards. These marketing communications include:
- Email notifications and letters where you have provided us with your email address
- Postal / telephone marketing, though we shall always check telephone numbers against the Telephone and Corporate Telephone Preference Services and will only make telephone calls to you where your number is listed if you have told us that we may do so.
Disclosing your personal data
Your information will be held and used by the following parties under our control:
- To workers who deliver our services
- Third parties who provide a service to us:
- to courier services such as EDS, DPD, Express Freight who deliver for us
- To Paymentsense who processes payments for us
BR Nursery Wholesale and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies such as HMRC and law enforcement agencies.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need to, so that we can use it for the reasons described above. Where your information is no longer required or is no longer relevant, we will ensure it is disposed of securely.
The actual period for which we store your personal information will vary depending on the type of personal information and how it is used. For example:
- To make sure that you do not receive marketing from us after you have told us to stop sending it, we need to keep a record of that instruction with your contact details. We shall hold that information until you tell us otherwise.
- Where necessary, we shall keep your personal data for as long as required to do so by law; and where required to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Your rights and control over your personal data
To exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data by making a subject access request
You have the right at any time to ask us what personal information we hold about you, and to ask us to update, amend or delete any data that is incorrect or out of date. As data controller, we will be as clear and transparent as possible and uphold any requests for data disclosure or amendment as soon as possible.
To protect your privacy and security we may need to verify your identity before disclosing or deleting your data.
- Rectification, erasure or restriction of your information where this is justified
The accuracy of your personal data is important to us. You can rectify/update your personal data, including your address and contact details at any time. If you find any inaccuracy in your data at any time, we will delete or correct it promptly at your request. Proof of identity may be required in some circumstances.
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal data. However, we will retain just enough of your personal data to ensure that the restriction is respected in the future. You have the right to object to your personal data being processed, for marketing and for research purposes. From the very first communication from us and every marketing communication we send after you will have the right to object to marketing. For email unsubscribes, it may take up to 48 hours for an amendment to become effective. For post and telephone, it may take 21 days. We will do all we can to ensure that any delay is kept to a minimum.
BR Nursery Wholesale
2a Michelin Road
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 028 9084 4442